In today’s blog, I am going to tell you How to add a website to google analytics .Before starting the google analytics tutorial we get to know about the history of google analytics then what is google analytics and after that, we will learn very important information about Google Analytics.
If you have so many questions like this, then Google Analytics has the answer and according to its data, you can improve SEO ranking, we get a lot of information from this analytics tool of Google, using which we can do our search Increase engine ranking.
How to Add website in google analytics
What is google analytics
Google Analytics is a very important tool for website owners. And those who know how to use it properly can benefit a lot.
Google Analytics is a tool from Google itself. Google Analytics gives you information about the traffic coming to your website, blog, YouTube channel.
Where is the traffic coming from your website, how many visitors are coming, in which country or location your website is getting more search, and through which device traffic is coming to your website?
Also, with the help of this tool, we can also see the number of our Live Visitors. Google’s Google Analytics product provides all this information to us. In a way, this tool of Google is also called Traffic Tracking System.
Just as to get the details of an unknown person, we first know about him, what does he do, where does all this life. In the same way, Google Analytics also helps us in getting the details of the visitors.
History of Google Analytics?
- Google Analytics was launched on 14 November 2005. before 2005, Google Analytics was not a product of Google.
- In 2007 Google released an asynchronous version of the traditional GA code. It was replaced in 2009.
- When Google introduced an asynchronous version they recommended placing it just before the closing tag as it was before the closing tag. This update resulted in faster loading times and more accurate data collection.
- A new Universal Analytics code was introduced in 2013. This new tracking code provided many useful new features such as multi-channel funnels, user-ID tracking, and real-time reports.
- Released in July 2019, a beta version of a new type of Google Analytics property. This beta product has now been updated and renamed to Google Analytics.
How Google Analytics Works
Mainly Google Analytics works in three ways:
A Tracking ID is also provided in this which fetches the data.
- Compile Data – After that Google Analytics compiles the collected data, that is, where that data should be, it sets it there.
- Generate Report – After making the data user-friendly, Google Analytics prepares a report and gives it to us so that we can understand how visitors are interacting on our website.
So this is how Google Analytics works. Google Analytics also fetches data from any browser like Language, Devices, Operating system, etc. After that where is the traffic coming from All this feature gives us Google Analytics.
How Google Analytics Works ?
- Google Analytics is a very important tool in today’s time. Google Analytics monitors the visitors coming from all the contexts like Pay-Per-Click-Network, Display Advertising, Email Marketing, Digital Marketing, etc.
- In this, with the help of Google Analytics, you can find out how many users came to your different pages, how long they stayed, as well as track the conversion rate.
- By integrating Google Analytics with Google AdWords, users can review the quality and conversions of their landing pages.
- In this, with the help of Google Analytics, Digital Marketers can determine which ad is working and which is not, so that the user can choose the right advertising.
Why use Google Analytics
- This is a free tool from google.
- Automatically collects the data coming to the website.
- You can know the information of your audience.
- You can know the behavior of the audience visiting the website.
- We can see whether our marketing effort is working properly or not.
- We can find out the bounce rate.
- With the help of this, we can find out from which device type the audience is coming, such as mobile or laptop.
How to create an account in google analytics [New Method in 2021]
To create an account in Google Analytics, you have to follow some steps given below, with the help of which you can easily create a Google Analytics account.
- To set up Google Analytics Account, first create a Gmail account, which is needed first.
- Go to Google Browser and search Google Analytics. Now click on startup for free now.
- Write your name, business name, or website name in the box below Account Name and click on Next.
- After Account Name, you will see some checkboxes. Uncheck the checkboxes and click Next.
- Enter a name for your property and select your country and click next.
- Answer the questions related to your business and click create.
- Select your country again and accept Google’s terms and conditions.
- Next, you need to set up a data stream to start collecting data. In this case, choose “Web”.
- Enter your website’s URL. Enter a name for your stream. Let’s call it “your website name“.
- After confirming, you’re going to receive a Global Site Tag from Google’
Your Google Analytics My Account is now set up. Now you will have got Website Tracking ID on a new page by Google Analytics.
How to Add a website in google analytics
- You go to the Appearance Option of your Blog & Website and click on Theme Editor.
- Now go to Header.Php on the left side and click.
- Come and paste on the header on the website and save it.
- Here you do not have to edit any other code, just copy it from the Google Analytics verification code in the header section and paste it just below the header section.
With these simple steps, Now your analytics account is integrated with Google Analytics.
How to add google analytics tracking id in the website
- You go to the Blog Website Dashboard and click on Plugins. Go to Add New and search Google Analytics Plugin on the Plugin Search Box.
- Install and Activate the Google Analytics Plugin.
- After installing the Plugin, You Click on Google Analytics on the Dashboard.
- After clicking on Google Analytics, you go to General Setting and click on Authorize Plugin.
- Now you will see the Google Analytics Box, in which you have to enter the Tracking Id and save.
- The Tracking ID of the Google Analytics Account has been added to your website.
What is Google Analytics Bounce Rate
Visitors who come to a session on any website who read your website, but it is not that all the visitors read your website and those who leave it, then this is called Bounce or Bounce Rate. Along with the Google Analytics session, Bounce Rate also gives us information.
It is not right at all to have a bounce rate on your website, this means that there are some shortcomings in the content somewhere, due to which visitors are not able to reach their results.
Best Google Analytics Plugins for WordPress
This plugin is also very famous and you do not need coding knowledge to install and operate this plugin. Even you don’t need to copy and paste any code, you just need to authenticate your Google Analytics account once.
This analytics plugin is very popular for viewing Google Analytics reports in WordPress, which is installed by more than 2 million people because of its very simple user interface and also very easy to install. Like Google Analytics, we can also do data analysis in this.
Benefits of Google Analytics
- Realtime Audiences
- improve search engine optimization
- Customized information and reports
- Track Online Traffic
- Improve Online Advertising
- Find your target audience
- Understand user behavior
- Social Media to Target
- Know Bounce Rate
- Check Returning Visitors
We may see live visitors to our website who are currently visiting your website and reading certain information.
Improve search engine optimization
With the help of Google Analytics, we can see which post is on our webpage or which web page users are linking, or which is getting more traffic.
Customized information and reports
With the help of Google Analytics, we can remove any type of report on our website such as age-based reports, device-based reports, etc.
Track Online Traffic
With the help of Google Analytics, we can find out from whom the visitors to our website are coming to the website i.e. whether they are coming more than desktop, mobile, or tablet, optimizing our website accordingly.
Improve Online Advertising
Whether visitors to your website are coming from organically i.e. through google search engine or through referral i.e. through other websites or from any advertisement, we can easily find out if you run any google ad then you can easily do it through this. can find out if it’s working well or not.
Find Your Target Audience
Through Google Analytics, you can get some information about your website visitors, such as from which country or a local area they visited your website. And if you run any marketing campaign then it can prove to be very beneficial for you.
Understand User Behavior
Google Analytics allows us to track the interest and behavior of traffic to our website and run future advertising campaigns on them, for which we need historical data that we get from Google Can be found in Analytics.
Social Media to Target
With the help of Google Analytics, you can find out which of your social media platforms is working very well and which social media is bringing more traffic to your website.
Know Bounce Rate
The user comes to your website and immediately jumps on it and goes to another website, this is called website bounce. You need to keep your bounce rate low, this is only if your content is not relevant to the user or if any of your content quality users don’t like it, it is very important to reduce the bounce rate as there is a lot of Negative results on your SEO
Check Returning Visitors
You can bring millions of visitors to your website daily, but if you have very few returning visitors, then you need to work on it because returning visitors are those who visit your website regularly and enjoy your content. read. Growing them is a very difficult task, but if you write high-quality content, you will get many returning visitors.
If you want more information about how to add website in google analytics in detail, GO and Checkout TechTarget provided below: What is Google Analytics and how does it work?
In today’s post, we have learned what is Google Analytics. How Google Analytics Works, History of Google Analytics, How to Add website in google analytics. Why is Google Analytics Important & What is Google Analytics Bounce Rate. Benefits of Google Analytics hope you got the necessary information from this post.
Together we will learn all important information about Google Analytics . Get the information about which you must have easily understood how to add website in google analytics . You must give us your suggestions by writing in the comment box below.